Pharmaceutical & Healthcare Marketing Post Master's Certificate (Onground and Online)
George P. Sillup, Ph.D., Chair, Pharmaceutical & Healthcare Marketing
Terese W. Waldron, Director
Kathleen Klarich, Market Development Manager/Program Administrator
Jeannine Kinney, Administrative Assistant
The mission of Saint Joseph’s Pharmaceutical & Healthcare Marketing Post MBA/Masters and Advanced Certificates for Executives is to provide industry programs for all segments of the pharmaceutical, biotech, medical devices, diagnostics, allied partners and healthcare industries, delivering these programs to the life-long student in a flexible and convenient format within state-of-the-art environments.
Admissions Requirements and Procedures
Students are admitted through a rolling admission process. Students applying for admission to the Pharmaceutical & Healthcare Marketing Post MBA/Masters and Advanced Certificates for Executives must have an undergraduate and/or graduate transcript from an accredited college or university. Admissions criteria:
- a completed application form
- official undergraduate, and/or MBA/Master’s Degree transcripts. International students need an official course-by-course evaluation by World Education Services (WES) of graduate education
- a résumé
- 4 (four) years of pharmaceutical/healthcare, biotechnology or related industry experience
Foreign applicants whose native language is not English are required to take the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL). Arrangements should be made by writing directly to:
Princeton, NJ, U.S.A. 08541-6151
Students already in the Philadelphia area who do not have a TOEFL score may be admitted following satisfactory performance on the English test administered at the ELS Center on the Saint Joseph’s University campus. A minimum score of 550 or 213 on computerized test on the TOEFL is required to take any courses in this program. An IELTS score of 6.5 or an official PTE score of 60 is also acceptable. Qualified students who complete Level 112 at the ELS Language Center and receive a strong, positive letter of recommendation from the Center can begin their graduate studies without the official TOEFL score. Applicants are also required to register with the Word Education Services (WES) to have an official course-by-course evaluation of their graduate work. Additional information on WES transcript evaluation can be obtained by visiting them at www.wes.org.
Tuition and Fees: Pharmaceutical Healthcare Marketing Post MBA/Masters and Advanced Certificates Executives
All students enrolled in the courses are charged on a per course basis. All charges are due and payable upon receipt of the invoice. Students can view their bills through their student accounts in The Nest. Corporations will be billed directly only when appropriate authorization has been made by the corporation. Please check with Hawk Central on procedures for corporate billing.
Students who are financially delinquent will forfeit the privilege of attending classes and the University has the right to withhold grades, transcripts, and diploma until such indebtedness is paid.
Fees are paid by check or money order, or they may be charged to Visa, MasterCard, or American Express.
Students enrolled in the Pharmaceutical & Healthcare Marketing for Executives Program who receive a grade of C or below for two (2) credit hours will receive a warning letter. Students who receive a grade of C or below for six (6) credit hours will be placed on academic probation and will be so advised by letter. Students who receive a grade of C or below for ten (10) credit hours will be dropped from the program. All students must maintain a 3.0 GPA in the program to be eligible for graduation. The Pharmaceutical & Healthcare Marketing MBA for Executives Program Director monitors student progress throughout the course of the program. The university reserves the right to request the withdrawal of any student when, in its judgment, the general good of the university requires it.
The recommendation for accepting applicants into the program will be made by the Admissions Committee and its members. Members of the Admissions Committee are:
- Terese Waldron, M.S., Chair of the Admissions Committee
- George P. Sillup, Ph.D., Associate Professor and Chair of Pharmaceutical & Healthcare Marketing
- Thani Jambulingam, Ph.D., Associate Professor of Pharmaceutical & Healthcare Marketing
- Joseph Larkin, Ph.D., Associate Professor of Accounting
- Ginette McManus Ph.D., Professor of Finance
- John Yi, Ph.D., Assistant Professor of Decision and System Sciences
- Anthony DelConte, M.D., Visiting Professor or Pharmaceutical & Healthcare Marketing
- Ronald K. Klimberg, Ph.D., Professor of Decision and System Sciences
- Bill Trombetta, Ph.D., Professor of Pharmaceutical Healthcare Marketing
- David Steingard, Ph.D., Associate Professor of Management
- Carolin Schellhorn, Ph.D., Assistant Professor of Finance
- Iljoo Kim, Assistant Professor of Decision and System Sciences
Location and Time of Courses for Onground Program
The two-day course format accommodates the personal and professional demands of individual students. Courses are offered nearly every weekend year round. Students may attend as often as their schedule permits, completing the degree requirements at their own pace.
Courses are offered at Chubb Conference Center, Lafayette Hill, Pa. (15 minutes from Main Campus) or other designated site. Each course is completed in a Friday/Saturday classroom session, along with a pre- and post-assignment. Capstone (MPE 795)is a three-day course offered on a Thursday, Friday and Saturday. Visit www.chubbconferencecenter.com for more information.
Pharmaceutical& Healthcare Marketing MBA for Executives
Ms. Kathleen Klarich
Mandeville Hal – MV 289l
Saint Joseph’s University
5600 City Avenue
Philadelphia, PA 19131-1395
Mr. Jonathan Dart
Senior Manager, Integrated Marketing Communications/Program Administrator
Pharmaceutical & Healthcare Marketing MBA Programs
Learning Goals and Objectives
The objectives of the Pharmaceutical & Healthcare Marketing Post MBA/Masters and Advanced Certificates for Executives are:
- to provide managers and executives employed in the pharmaceutical, biotech, medical devices, diagnostics, allied partners and healthcare industries with advanced education and developmental experiences.
- to provide highly qualified faculty of Saint Joseph’s University, complemented by domestic and international business and marketing experts retained as executive lecturers
- to provide modular format for the delivery of business concepts and skills specific to this industry
|BUS 582||Business Ethics||2|
|DSS 593||Sales Forecasting||2|
|MPE 610||Drug, Device Regulations||2|
|MPE 620||Supply Chain Management||2|
|MPE 625||Creating Effective R & D||2|
|MPE 630||Marketing Research||2|
|MPE 650||Competitive Analysis||2|
|MPE 660||Sales Management||2|
|MPE 700||Strategies for Managed Markets||2|
|MPE 710||Product Management||2|
|MPE 711||Pharmaceutical Strategy||2|
|MPE 715||New Product Launch||2|
|MPE 720||Global Corporate Strategy||2|
|MPE 770||Independent Study||2|
|MPE 780||Future Issues||2|
|MPE 781||Health Policy||2|